Wednesday, November 20, 2013

More Thanksgiving Crafts

I wasn't thinking I would post any more craft ideas, since there were some good ones on Monday, but then I remembered these:

From National Wildlife Federation website
These Snowy Owl Pals are super cute, super fun and super easy. My daughter and I made them over a year ago & I've used them as decoration for fall, spring and winter. I typically put them away for a period, but then "discover" them anew and just can't resist putting them out again. In this picture from Ranger Rick Jr, they seem very wintery, but in reality the sticks and pinecones lend a very natural, brown look that works very well with autumnal decor. Have fun!

The instructions are here: http://www.nwf.org/kids/family-fun/crafts/pine-cone-snowy-owl-pals.aspx

And then, I was just surfing around one evening and found these:
Photo from A Place for Us blog
I just have to make these! You can read the tutorial here: http://aplaceforusblog.com/brown-paper-flowers-tutorial/ So far I've only gotten as far as purchasing brown paper bags, but I'm sure my daughter and I will be cutting and gluing soon together at our kitchen table.

I was also just reminded of a couple kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipes. Ella and I made the Pilgrim Hats a couple of years ago - and she needed help, but they were indeed a 3-year-old friendly creative treat. I think Ben and I will attempt the chocolatey mess of the Acorn Cookies this year (he's 3 now). Check these out if you need a tasty activity: http://abcjesuslovesme.com/holiday-ideas/thanksgiving#recipes

Oh! And don't forget - the classic Thanksgiving craft for kids: Handprint Turkeys! These always turn out adorable and they kiddos think they are fantastic. You can do it with paint like this:
Find directions at abcjesuslovesme.com

Or, for a little twist, trace your little one's hand in pencil. Let him/her color it like a turkey. Glue on a googly eye. Glue on dried beans to make the "feathers." It is helpful to use card stock. The kids got uber-creative this year and decided to make a "pumpkin turkey" and a Thanksgiving dolphin (covered in beans of course) to go with our 2 handprint turkeys.

Happy Crafting! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment