Friday, February 7, 2014

It's Time for Valentine's Crafts!

It's cold outside, the kiddos need some entertainment and Valentine's Day is quickly approaching… so grab your crafting supplies, a sense of adventure and the desire to embrace red, pink and hearts!

This first idea comes from Red Ted Art: Bringing Colour & Art to Children's Hearts. (Seriously, with a blog name like that, this needs to be a site I frequent!) Butterfly Valentine's:
Check out her LIST of Valentine's kids crafts, too. For me, just browsing ideas jump starts creativity. (But I have to do it alone, because it jumpstarts my kids, too…!) So, happy browsing!


Then we have Love Rocks. Seriously! These are awesome. Does anyone else have a plethora of rocks, collected from walks with your children? This makes them into a sweet little collection. Find the original idea at Red Bird Crafts.


Or Yarn Hearts. These make me happy. Their homespun, imperfect nature makes me think they'd be perfect for a preschooler/mom joint venture. Thanks to Family Chic for the idea.


Here's another compilation of ideas, including these adorable Love Birds:


And if you have a tiny one in your home these days, you have to make these: Heart Footprints! Step by step instructions, including a cute little verse for the inside of the card can be found at Jany Claire.


Ok, and in hopes of including our spunky little guys in our crafting adventures, here's an adorable little Valentine Alligator from Skip to My Lou:


I also saw a version of these with cute face masks… I guess it depends on how complicated you'd like to make your craft.


Okay. Stay warm, have fun and feel loved! See you next Wednesday for our Marriage Panel meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment