Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Thoughts with Theresa: A New Year: Resolutions or Inspiration?

A new year always brings on resolutions. Yet, when I think of what I will do or not do this year, it’s easy to measure myself based on the success or failure of that resolution. It seems limiting. And let’s face it, I rarely keep a New Years Resolution beyond a week or two!

So instead of making resolutions, I allow a new year to stir up inspiration. For me.

It inspires a sense of cleaning out:

It inspires fresh starts...

It inspires organization:

It inspires trying new things:

Tweaking the homeschool schedule.

Learning Spanish as a family.

Skiing as a family.

It inspires setting goals:

Lots of goals!

And with all of this cleaning out and being open to new things comes a sense of spiritual awakening; making room for and anticipating something mysteriously new.

So, for me, the question is not what I will do this year, but what will God do?

Sure, I still might attempt to floss every night diligently or attempt to put exercise back into my life, but what boils within at this time of year simply cannot be limited to a New Year's resolution for me. Because it's really all about making room for the immeasurable joys God has in store for me over this next year.

How about you – do you have a New Years Resolution?

I wonder what new thing God has in store for you over the next year? 

- Theresa Miller, MOPS Mom




Theresa is a wife and mother of four children (3, 5, 7, and 9), who are embarking on their first year of homeschooling. Theresa has been involved in Sheridan MOPS for the last 9 ½ years, serving in multiple leadership positions, including Day MOPS Coordinator in 2007-2008. She took one year off, then started the Sheridan Evening MOPS group in September 2009. Theresa has published an article with MOPS International MOMSnext Ezine, in addition to other on-line publications. You can find Theresa encouraging mothers on her blog, Heavenly Glimpses.

No comments:

Post a Comment