Monday, September 23, 2013

Great Kids Books

I don't know about you, but I love reading to my kids. One of my very favorite times of day is just before bed - you know, when they are sweet-smelling and warm, freshly from the bath, dressed in cozy pajamas and snuggled up on the couch. (Okay, this only happens sometimes, there are many nights when tempers and exhaustion make for a completely different story... but we still try to snuggle up on the couch for a few minutes and a few good books.) We try to read 3 books each night - if they are short - so each child plus us parents get to pick something.

In order to make this work, we have to have lots of good books around and they must be easily accessible. We tend to head to the library once every couple of weeks and load up (I mean it - 30 titles anyone?) so I don't end up reading the same story over and over into oblivion. But, even with the wonderful world of the library available to us, I still find us occasionally stuck in a reading rut.

So, where do you find ideas for good kids books? Seriously, let me know! Where do you look?

Here's one great resource I was pointed toward by another awesome MOPS mom (thanks Aimee!): www.delightfulchildrensbooks.com. On this site they have a list of the Top 60 Best Picture Books. Amazing! Here's the link: http://delightfulchildrensbooks.com/top-60/.

Bethany Tippin

No comments:

Post a Comment