Friday, September 27, 2013

More Messy Moments



A couple of weeks ago we had “one of those days.” You know, the ones where you wonder if it is possible to send everyone back to bed and just have a do-over? It started with 2 glasses of spilled milk. 2. Really. Milk is my least favorite food item to clean up because it is 1. stickier than you ever really think it should be, 2. requires several rags, and 3. stinks to high heaven if you don’t stick all those rags into the washing machine immediately. (And I dislike laundry more than any other Mommy-task on the planet!) Anyway, by lunchtime we had added 2 glasses of spilled juice to the list. And – here comes the messiest part – I headed downstairs around 3 PM to check on the laundry only to discover a leak. Juice drips falling from the ceiling in 3 places. Seriously. Out of the vents. Apparently, my son had spilled his juice DOWN THE HEAT VENT in the kitchen and I hadn’t noticed. Later, we ended the night with another glass of spilled milk. Truly. We have since gone back to sippy cups for everyone. – Bethany Tippin


My messiest moment was Halloween 8 years ago.  I had dressed my 4 and 2 year-old daughters up in these cute cat and mouse costumes that my cousin had made and sent to us as hand-me-downs.  Our baby was dressed up like a piece of cheese (think “Farmer in the Dell” song).  Megan, my oldest, had said she wasn’t feeling well, but I decided to pack them up and take them trick-or-treating at my sister’s house since she lived here at the time.  No sooner had I gotten Megan and Annie out of the car, but Megan threw up on the front lawn.  We made it into the house, and she threw up in the garbage can.  My sister’s single, beautiful, fashion-diva college roommate looked on in horror.  We exited as quickly as we could and got home in time for each of my two oldest girls to throw up too many times to count that night.  I slept on the floor of their room because someone was throwing up about every half hour.  The next day we had a movie marathon as I tried to get the girls to keep even a teaspoon of liquid down at a time.  Now I tell people that the Hoffmann Halloween of 2007 will go down in history! - Robin Hoffmann

No comments:

Post a Comment