Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Introducing...


Nancy Thorpe, our 2013-2014 MOPPETS Coordinator. (This means Nancy is in charge of lining up all the childcare we so enjoy for each MOPS meeting. She wrangles childcare workers, calls in substitutes and helps get the MOPPETS rooms set up each morning.)


Nancy has lived in Sheridan for 39 years. She is a widow with children ages 30, 40 and 43. She has a 2-year-old granddaughter (and another on the way!).

Here are some of Nancy’s favorites: Her favorite times of day are the early morning and early evenings. She loves angel food cake with fruit. Her favorite thing about MOPS is the chance for Christian fellowship with other women. Her favorite scripture is Psalm 23, for its comfort.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
All the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

When asked if she likes to be messy, she responded, “Yes, at times.” Beautiful! Oh, if we all could be so flexible!

Now, Nancy has a really special perspective on our mommy-ing. She raised her kids as a working mom, and since retirement has had the honor of taking care of her granddaughter. I’ve heard her speak numerous time of the blessing she’s received through this little one: God has allowed her to experience all the precious milestones, quality times and snuggles she missed the first time through. The part of mommy-ing she finds the most beautiful right now is “especially snuggling and reading together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment