Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Introducing...

Bethany Tippin, our 2013-2014 Publicity Leader. (This means it's my voice you hear when you read this blog! Other responsibilities include sending emails, letting all our local churches know that we're here and what we're doing, designing posters and bulletin inserts and getting them put up around town... really: to let y'all know what is going on with Morning MOPS! I am The Communicator. Luckily - I have a couple of "committee members" who also help out. Jennifer Rizer takes care of the facebook page, and Theresa Miller and Tammy Billings periodically write for the blog. {Quick plug: if you're interested in writing an article - or 2 or 3 - any time during this year, please let me know!})
So, this Introduction is a little awkward for me. It is strange to "interview" oneself...

My family and I have lived in Sheridan for 5 years. My husband, Seth, and I have 2 children: Eleanor (5) and Benjamin (3).

My favorite thing about MOPS is the way it has expanded my friendship base, especially with strong Christian women – and in correlation – has expanded my spiritual life through much needed accountability, mentorship, and encouragement. The aspect of MOPS I am most looking forward to is getting connected with y'all again. I'm excited to renew friendships from past years and get to know all the new faces in our midst.

My favorite time of day is early morning because I have clarity and energy in the morning. I love to witness the sunrise. And I love my quiet time, which I try to take with regularity in the early morning, since there is rarely another truly quiet time during the day!

My favorite dessert is York Peppermint Patties (very closely seconded by stale Marshmallow Peeps).

My favorite Bible verses are Romans 8:38-39: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NRSV) They are my favorite because I’m obsessed with the love of God. I want to shower in it, rest in it, abide in it always (perhaps like a needy puppy refusing to leave her master’s lap!). This is a relatively new feeling – although the verse has been a favorite for a long time… the fact that NOTHING can separate us from the power of the cross is extremely comforting. This is what I want to instill in my children, help them know and understand as if they've always known. It’s what I want my life to testify as I come in contact with everyone: LOVE, inseparable love.

Now, for the messy question... "Do you like to be messy?" Yes, actually. I dislike clutter and disorganization (and spilled milk!!!), but mud or water or PAINT… those things are really great sometimes. I think my son got some of his interests from me. And I love to puddle jump. In fact, my husband and I like to puddle jump together. Try it some time!

The part of mommy-ing that is the most beautiful to me is - all the little things:

     sweaty curls and pink cheeks after a good nap,
     good morning, wobbly kneed, sleepy hugs
     mixed up words and phrases
     sweet voices saying, “I love you, mommy.”
     out-of-tune sung prayers
     fistfuls of tiny sea animals carried everywhere
     the flattery of a mini-mommy
     watching chubby hugs being given
     little hands in mine
     glee on a beautiful face right off the school bus accompanied by a , “Mom –MY!”


So, since I've been writing about myself, I'm not sure how to end this! I guess I feel this way: Thank you for allowing me to serve you this year. Thank you for listening to my voice via this blog. May we learn and grow together this year in the love of Christ that surpasses all knowledge (Ephesians 3:19)!





No comments:

Post a Comment