Monday, October 7, 2013

Messy Moment


My messy moment happened several weeks ago when Kevin, my husband, suggested we head up the mountain after church to have some quality family time before the busyness of school and football started.

After a wonderful afternoon picnic of fishing and catching frogs, we decided that it would be a great idea to go to Big Horn Smokehouse & Saloon to finish off the day on a good note. As we were heading down Red Grade, my daughter Katelynn said that her tummy was starting to hurt. As we hit the paved road where Red Grade ends, she proceeded to vomit all over herself and our vehicle. After several minutes of clean-up and a fresh change of clothes, we chalked her throwing up to motion sickness since she had been playing a game on the iPad during the time we were on the road.

So...we decided to still go to the steakhouse. After sitting at our table for a couple of minutes, Katelynn started getting this glazed look in her eyes, so I immediately picked her up and went to the nearest door, of which I thought was an exit. No...no it was not. It was the patio dining area. As soon as we got through the door Katelynn sagged to the ground and started throwing up again.

As I was kneeling with her there, a lady at one of the tables got up and walked over to us and asked, "Are you the mother?" I, at that moment, felt like such a failure as a mom as my 3-year old baby girl was hunched over.

It's amazing that in those most vulnerable moments how God can speak to you. He knew before the foundation of the world that I was going to be the mother of this sweet baby girl. And at this very moment, there was no place I would have rather been than beside her, being the Mother God created me to be. – Jennifer Rizer

1 comment:

  1. I love your confidence to claim her! Just like Jesus' willingness to claim us when we are sick, weak, or potentially embarrassing. Thank you for being an example to the whole world of God's love.

    ReplyDelete